Interested in a dynamic and rewarding career at the Lincoln Alexander School of Law? We're hiring for the following positions:
- The Edward Sonshine Chair in Race and the Law, external link
- Two (2) Open Rank Positions in Law (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor), external link
- Tenure Track Position in Indigenous and Aboriginal Law (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor), external link
The Lincoln Alexander School of Law aims to build an outstanding reputation for scholarly work and an innovative teaching culture. In the spring of 2019, the Law Society of Ontario approved the Integrated Practice Curriculum (IPC) designation for the program, given its thoroughgoing emphasis on the skills of legal practice.
We are interested in candidates who will contribute to our Faculty’s emerging research and teaching strengths by bringing innovative and diverse perspectives and experiences aligned with our Juris Doctor program’s Four Pillars:
- Increasing Access to Justice for Ontarians and Canadians;
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship;
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and
- Sound Academic Grounding with Innovative Pedagogy.
Toronto Metropolitan University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.