RISE (Ryerson Innovation Student Experience)
About the RISE Program
Through the program, you will:
- Discover and develop ideas through the 100 steps 2 startup curriculum
- Validate ideas through research and data-driven decision making
- Develop a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Establish go-to-market strategies
- Work with mentors and industry advisors to get support in business development
- Access workshops/programming through the Creative Innovation Studio (Studio) and Zone Learning community
- Gain exposure to industry-standard prototyping and design tools and equipment
The program takes place June 21-August 19, 2021 and is completely virtual until further notice. At the end of the 8-week program, teams have the opportunity to pitch for dinner with the Dean + special guest!
Applications Open: June 1, 2021
Applications Close: June 13, 2021
Notice of Acceptance: Week of June 13, 2021
Program Duration: June 21, 2021 - August 19, 2021
Orientation: June 21, 2021
After reviewing applications, the Creative Innovation Studio team will contact the successful candidates via email.
Interested students can apply with a business idea or with an existing business in the early stages (pre-mvp). If you are currently working with a team, you can add up to 3 additional team members; the only requirement is that all students must be current post-secondary students/recent grads.
No idea/team - No problem! You can also apply as an individual looking to join a team.
To participate in the RISE program applying students should:
- Be a current Ryerson student or recent graduate (within one year)
- Have an interest in entrepreneurship or a business idea/innovative solution
- Submit a complete and qualifying application form
- Be available during the length of this program
- Have the ability to work on their project for 15 -20 hours per week
- Participate in mandatory scheduled meetings and virtual workshops
Apply to RISE
Business for the Creative Class.