Located in the heart of Toronto's downtown core, there are lots of ways to get involved in TMU's vibrant campus community.
Whether to honour award recipients or to commemorate a special occasion, TMU celebrations are a fun way to get to know people from across the university. Attend with your team or brave going solo and see how many new people you can meet!
- Recognition events happen throughout the year to celebrate award recipients and service milestones.
- Towards the end of each calendar year, the President's Office hosts a holiday celebration - look out for details on the TMU upcoming events page.
- Towards the end of February, look for information about the annual International Community Celebration.
Equity groups and learning
Equity, diversity and inclusion are an important component of TMU’s identity and values. Different community networks, committees and learning events run throughout the year and are a great way to connect with like-minded individuals in other areas of the university.
- The Office of Equity and Community Inclusion (ECI) offer a number of learning opportunities through events and workshops, and support different community networks and committees in which you can participate.
Enjoy the benefits of campus life and balance work with leisure by getting involved with athletics and sustainability initiatives.
- Cheer for our athletes when you attend a Rams game (external link) at the Mattamy Athletic Centre, free with your OneCard.
- Take advantage of special membership rates with Recreation.
- Bring your family or friends out for a community skate (external link) , which run monthly during the colder seasons.
- There are lots of ways to benefit from the Urban Farm, a group of students, faculty and staff who operate TMU’s produce gardens. Join the gardening club, request a tour or purchase their produce at the weekly Farmers’ Market on Gould Street (seasonal).
When you volunteer for events or committees on campus, you benefit from working with a diverse cross-section of people from across the university while giving back to the community. Keep your ears perked for these opportunities and don’t hesitate to get involved!
- Staff and faculty can have an up-close view of student celebration by volunteering for convocation. It’s a great way to connect to the core reason why we’re all here!