Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): Summary & Enrolment Information
The Ryerson Group RRSPs is available to Ryerson employees as a method to save additional money for retirement based on your own personal situation.
All faculty, librarians and counsellors are eligible to enroll in the Group RRSP.
Advantages of the Group RRSP
Contributions are tax deductible and the investment or interest income is tax sheltered, meaning you do not have to pay tax on the income you contribute to an RRSP, nor on the income generated by the RRSP, until you withdraw the money from the plan.
Some advantages of the Group RRSP include:
- Payroll deductions make savings easier
- Lower investment management fees
- Access to fund managers that may not be available to individuals
- Minimum contribution of $10/pay means you can control your saving plan
- Receive tax relief without waiting until you file your tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). For example, if you earn $1000 per pay and you make a $100 RRSP contribution, you will only be taxed on $900 of income.