eAppoint Frequently Asked Questions
Personal data screen
Changes to address or telephone numbers may be made by the employee using eHR Self Service once they have been hired. Corrections to personal information (i.e. name or date of birth) must be made by HR Client Services 416-979-5075.
No. eAppoint will check the series of numbers. If a SIN is invalid, you will not be able to proceed past the name search page.
Yes. Enter the information into the Phone field.
Yes. The email address is required because it sends email notifications to the employee that provide them with their employee ID and instructions on how to create a TMU online identity.
Job data screen
All supervisors (i.e. MAC/TFA/Sr. Managers) will display in the list for the selected department.
The supervisor name identifies who the employee will report to, and who will approve their time and absences in eHR.
RA’s (or any other employee) may only report to one supervisor in a job record. Compensation costs can be split between two or more departments using different distribution codes. Depending on the requirements for the position, departments will needs to agree on an internal process for the reporting relationship of the employee.
Compensation data screen
No. Timesheets are only required for positive time reporters.
Most averaged hours employees are limited to a maximum amount of hours per academic term. Check if the employee will exceed their hours as specified in their collective agreement or contract.
To add extra hours for one instance (one pay period), you will need to submit the extra hours on the employee’s timesheet in eHR. If a change in hours occurs across the assignment, use the Job Change option in eAppoint.
If the contract was created with Positive Hours, the 100 hours is used as a benchmark only and the employee can continue to submit hours on their timesheets.
If the contract was created with Avg Hrs by Day, the manager will need to submit the extra hours on the employee’s timesheet in eHR.
If a change in hours occurs across the assignment, use the Job Change option in eAppoint.
Note: You must check if the employee will exceed their hours as specified in their collective agreement as this may change their employee status from non-union casual to OPSEU.
eAppoint should reflect as close to accurate hours as possible for Exam Invigilators appointments for the purpose of encumbering. If hours require adjusting, you will need to modify and update these hours on the employee’s timesheet in eHR.
Yes. You can override the hourly rates of pay.
Non-union casual rates of pay correlate with the type of job code. For the latest hourly pay rates for Non-Union Casual employees, visit the non-union casual hourly pay webpage.
As a single occurrence, they will be paid accordingly through their timesheet reporting. If a change in hours occurs across the assignment, use the Job Change option in eAppoint to change their employee status from non-union casual to OPSEU.
Total Salary + Burden Rate as defined by Financial Services. This includes the applicable vacation pay where applicable for the following employee classes:
- CE Instructor (No Dues) Vacation Pay 4%
- MAC Part Time Vacation Pay 4%
- CUPE 2 Vacation Pay 4%
- OPSEU Part Time Vacation Pay 4%
- Non Union Part Time Vacation Pay 4%
- Non Union RA Vacation Pay 4%
- OPSEU RA Vacation Pay 6% <1885
- OPSEU RA Vacation Pay 8% >1885
- CUPE 3 Vacation Pay 4%
- CUPE233 STT Vacation Pay 4%
- CUPE1 Part Time Comp in Lieu 2.05
Distribution data screen
eAppoint will split the allocated percentages across the entered distribution codes.
- The entire 28-string is checked for validity.
- The account code segment is checked as appropriate for the type of appointment (for example, account 6253 for CUPE 1 part-time)
Job change screen
You can enter retroactive job changes. Once they are approved by the Validator, they will be automatically forwarded to HR. Check the Review Transactions Status Screen to see your transactions.
For casual and contract employee resignations, complete the termination in eAppoint and ensure you follow the correct business process by forwarding the applicable documentation to HR. For any other type of employment termination, contact HR. If there are retroactive implications, HR will be notified through eAppoint once the Validator has approved the transaction. Check the Review Transactions Status screen to see your transactions.
In the case of a CUPE 1 Termination:
- Where the course is cancelled with more than 2 weeks notice, the university’s requirement to compensate will be affected?
Answer: This will not be an eAppoint transaction - it will be an HR generated process.
- When the instructor does not accept the offer, will there be other options for the termination process?
Answer: The only option in the termination drop-down list is Resignation. Any other scenario will be handled via manual/paper process.
No. Check the Review Transactions Status screen to see your transactions.
There are a few different scenarios for split cost centers:
- Basic Cost Centre: Validation will be done by the Validator for the department.
- External Funding: If you responded 'Yes' to the External Research Funding question, the transaction goes to ORS for validation.
- Work Study Department: Validation will be done by the Validator for the department.
- Work Study External Research: Validation will be done by ORS.
General information screen
Yes. You will require a secure VPN connection to login to eAppoint from home.
You will be able to view employee ID after the Validator has approved a transaction and it has successfully loaded into eHR. Check the Review Transactions Status screen to see your Completed transaction statuses.
PeopleSoft is compatible with screen readers.
Yes, eAppoint generates the following notifications in the specified time range:
- Nightly to the Validator: List of all transactions queued for validation.
- Nightly to the Initiator: List of all 'validated' and 'saved for later' transactions.
- Immediately: List of rejected transactions.
- Nightly to Employee: On processing the employee ID information.
No. However, if no email address is provided for the employee, the email will be sent to the Initiator.
No. If their backups are assigned as either a Validator or an Initiator, they will receive their own emails.