You are now in the main content area

Policy Administration

The TMU Extended Health Care (EHC) Plan and Dental Plan are designed to help you pay for some prescription drug costs l and some dental expenses for yourself, your spouse and your dependents.

While your provincial health insurance (e.g. OHIP) or UHIP provides basic coverage, prescription drug coverage and dental expenses are not covered.

Insurer, policy and certificate numbers

The insurer is Sun Life Financial. The EHC and dental policy number is 25180.  Your Sun Life certificate number is the same as your TMUemployee identification number.

How do the EHC and dental plan work?

Your EHC and dental plans coverage is paid for by TMU, which contracts Sun Life to administer the plan.

Deductible and coverage amount

The extended health care plan reimburses 50% of eligible prescription drug expenses with an annual maximum of $1000 per person and has a $25 single/$50 family  annual deductible. The deductible is automatically deducted from the first claim you submit each year.

The dental plan reimburses 50% of basic/preventive dental expenses, and 20% of minor restorative & surgical expenses to a maximum of $3500, and 50% of orthodontics. There are no deductibles for the dental plan.

Claims submission

You can submit claims for covered expenses in four ways:

  • direct pay
  • online claim submission
  • Sun Life mobile application
  • hard copy claim submission

For more detailed information on submitting EHC and dental claims, visit the information on making a medical or dental care claim.

Anything else I should know?

Some expenses have limits and some are not eligible.

This site describes limits on covered expenses and lists excluded expenses. To find out if a specific service or item is covered, you can call Sun Life at 1-800-361-6212.

TMU reserves the right, at any time, to amend, change or discontinue any benefit coverage. If there is a question about coverage referred to in any portion of this benefits communication, the master contract from the insurer is the governing document.