Black Graduate Student Fellowship
The Black Graduate Student Awards are a suite of awards and bursaries established by the Yeates School of Graduate Studies to support Black students pursuing graduate studies at Toronto Met. These awards recognize excellence and/or alleviate some of the financial burden associated with graduate education.
Applications are now open. Apply via Award Spring (opens in new window) .
The expendable funds will provide up to one (1) $15,000 Fellowship annually commencing in the new academic year. Funding for the award will be confirmed in March each year and made available to eligible students in the fall. Results will be announced in mid-September.
Note: the Internal Adjudication Committee is experiencing a delay in releasing the competition results. Results will be communicated soon.
September 25, 2023
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Be registered as a full-time student in a research-based graduate degree program (Doctoral or Masters) at Toronto Metropolitan University;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA over the previous two years of study;
- Self-identify as Black.
This fellowship may be held concurrently with all graduate award types.
- GPA for the past two academic years
- A written statement (250-500 words) from the applicant outlining their academic focus and post-graduate academic or career goals;
- Two letters of reference with at least one being from an academic familiar with the student's work/research;
- CV that outlines relevant experience and academic achievements, including publications, professional, academic, and extracurricular activities, teaching, coaching, community outreach, volunteer work, and civic engagement.