Autism Scholars Award
With the support of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, a scholar awards program in autism has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent scholars. The community of autism scholars fostered by this awards program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge concerning child autism, and its translation into improved health for children, more effective services and products for children with autism, and increase the province’s capacity in diagnosis and assessment of autism and a strengthened treatment system.
- Master's awards - $18,000
- Doctoral awards - $20,000
December 1st annually.
Each applicant must submit an electronic copy of the following documents in a single PDF package by December 1st to Natasha Mills:
- The completed application form
- A curriculum vitae (including information concerning eligibility criteria)
- A statement of research to be undertaken during the period of graduate study (maximum 1,000 words). There must also be an additional non-technical summary (maximum 500 words). These statements must be written by the candidate.
The Toronto Met YSGS internal committee will forward recommended candidates together with their applications to the Council of Ontario Universities for further review.
More information can be found at the Council of Ontario Universities webpage (external link, opens in new window) .