You are now in the main content area
Bringing back the FZ Amazon Black Fashion Innovators Award 2.0!
The Fashion Zone’s Amazon Black Fashion Innovators Award is back for round 2! We are so excited to invite you to apply to the second round of the award where the winner will receive $2,500.
July 18, 2022
What is the Amazon Black Fashion Innovators Award?
Powered by Amazon, the Amazon Black Fashion Innovators Award provides Fashion Zone members and alumni who identify as Black with a total of two prizes annually: $10,000 in Spring 2022 and 2023, and $2500 in Fall 2022 and 2023, along with one free year of incubation and business support in the Fashion Zone, valued at $3000.
Jaymin Luces Mendes of Toni Marlow, external link, who graciously donated this award to the Fashion Zone, had this to say:
“This award is important to Black founders in the fashion space because there is little representation within the industry and even less funding and tangible support by way of accessible resources. It is great that Black representation in the fashion industry has definitely increased, however, seeing Black designers and investing in them are related but different things. We need to know there are organizations and individuals happy to INVEST money into Black creatives and businesses.”
To be eligible, you:
- Have at least one founder who identifies as Black;
- Have either been (i) registered as a full-time member of the Fashion Zone since February 1, 2022; or (ii) has graduated from the Fashion Zone after January 01, 2019;
- No traction required but must have a draft of an MVP or business model canvas, and
- Not previously been named as a winner in a previous in a Amazon Black Fashion Innovators Pitch Competition;
- Is a company registered and operating in Canada
Does this award sound like something you are interested in? See the full Competition Rules, external link! Applications open August 1st 2022 and close August 22nd 2022 @ 11:59pm.