Case Management of a Patient in an Interprofessional Environment (#1202B)
This simulation was developed in collaboration with Carolyn Loy and Debbie Gillis at Toronto East General Hospital and Tracey Dyer at Centennial College.
A patient with chronic COPD was discharged from the hospital 2 days ago. He is now back following an attack but wants to go home.
- Coordinate the needs of the patient within scope of the practice of the team members
- Identify and utilize overlapping scopes
- Increase awareness of the ways in which team members can communicate their discipline-specific perspectives clearly to others
- Develop and practice skills necessary to be responsive to each other's assessment
- ensure synthesis of interdisciplinary findings,
- Create a comprehensive and collaborative plan of care
Information for Learners
Mr. Deck was re-admitted to the hospital only two days after discharge. He has a long history of COPD and suffered exacerbation. He has been non-compliant with his medications at home and not coping well living alone.
- Mr. Deck (sixty-five)
A mix of any of the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Social Worker
- Occupation Therapist
- RRT Pharmacist
- Hospital room
- Aging and personal Well Being
- Health Care
- Interdisciplinary Practice
- Mental Health