Custom Immersion and Training Programs
Expand your language skills while experiencing all that Toronto has to offer: custom tailored to you.
Custom Immersion and Training Programs at the English Language Institute teach theoretical and practical knowledge of the English language. Our curriculum adopts principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and is based on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), empowering students to reflect on their experiences using written and verbal English language skills. They will collaborate and find creative solutions for global economic, social and environmental challenges while sharpening their English language skills through project-based learning. Tailored to meet the unique needs of every group, our programs offer a variety of valuable opportunities for experiential, social, and cultural learning experiences.
Contact us to explore all of our custom programming offerings that are suitable for ages 13 and up.
Explore our Custom Programs
Our language learning experiences support international students all over the world. We can partner with you to design tailored programming to meet your needs. Connect with us for more information.
The Immersive Language Program is a customized short-term specialized immersion program for international university students and professionals. Gain confidence in English language proficiency while growing your competency of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Refine and enhance your core linguistic skills including academic reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary.
- Develop your critical and analytical skills through the application of language skills to authentic and semi-authentic resources based on SDGs themes.
- Expand your understanding of relevant SDGs themes by reflecting on events, policies and strategies in real-world contexts, people, and communities situated locally and globally.
- Activities led by our core ELI instructors
- Group and individual interactive presentations
- Research and academic writing workshops
- Professional and business writing reports
- Discussions, reflections, and evaluations
- Professional and/or academic debates
- Pronunciation clinics
- Student-led language activities
- Critical-thinking application to real world issues (SDGs)
- Recognized by Languages Canada
Experiential Learning and Socio-Cultural Experiences
Participate in trips, activities, quality conversation sessions and workshops relevant to the academic curriculum to enhance your experience and engagement through reflective practices.
- Cultural excursions (Niagara Falls, Blue Jays games, CN Tower)
- Mindful communication exercises
- Building synergistic teams
- Emotional Intelligence workshops
Online or In-Person
No fixed start dates, flexible based on request.
Cost: varies based on length and delivery
Starting at $850/week *minimum 10 students. Cost includes tuition accommodation + extracurricular activities
*This is an estimated cost pending the number of students and program weeks
Suitable for Adults 18+
Suitable for groups including but not limited to current international university students seeking to engage in enhancing their English language skills in a meaningful thematic context based on social justice.