By using the Poll Everywhere platform, you can:
- Engage attendees at meetings, workshops, lectures or events;
- Promote participation and gather live audience feedback;
- Encourage active learning in classroom; and
- Assign grades based on a student’s answers or participation in activities.
The university-wide license also provides access to all premium Poll Everywhere features, including:
- D2L Brightspace course integration, allowing faculty and contract lecturers to link Poll Everywhere activities to student grades in D2L Brightspace;
- Integration with classroom tools, including Google Slides, PowerPoint, and Keynote;
- Login using your TMU username and password;
- Unlimited poll responses;
- Access to reports and archived activity responses;
- The ability to restrict responses to registered participants;
- Moderation for incoming responses before they’re displayed on the screen; and
- Sharing Poll Everywhere activities amongst your department or members of your team.
Note: If you previously used Poll Everywhere with your @ryerson.ca email address, you would have received an email invitation to join the enterprise account.
After clicking the “Accept Invitation” button in the email invite, please follow the steps below to join the university enterprise account:
- On the login page, enter your username or email address in the first field. Then click "Next".
- On the next screen, click "Use password instead" to login to your local off-license PollEv account, using the same password as before.
- Once you are logged into your local account on PollEv, please go back to the original email invitation and once again click the "Accept Invitation" button on that email.
After this point, you should be able to login to the university site license account using your Toronto Metropolitan University credentials.
Poll Everywhere can be used to track and grade participation. After you complete an activity, you can run a gradebook report – a table that displays a list of participants and how well they scored.
To run a gradebook report please follow these steps:
- First, click on the Reports icon found on the left of the screen. It looks like a clipboard.
- Then click ‘Create a Report’ and choose which type of report you would like to make.If you want to see your participant’s scores, click the Gradebook Report option.
- Next, open the ‘My activities’ folder and check off the activity you would like to create a report for. Click the Create Report button.
- Download the CSV file of the report by clicking the download button on the bottom left corner. CSV files can be opened up and edited in a spreadsheet application like Excel or Google Sheets.
- Visit Poll Everywhere's Gradebook Report Resource, external link for more information about this tool.
Poll Everywhere allows instructors to create activities that accompany their course materials, monitor their student’s participation and easily export student results from graded activities. Here are three main ways instructors can integrate Poll Everywhere into their teaching.
Poll Everywhere can be connected to the university's Brightspace LMS. This allows students to be registered as Poll Everywhere participants. Once you have collected activity results from students, you can also run a Gradebook report and export those results to Brightspace.
Poll Everywhere activities can be integrated into your PowerPoint or Keynote presentations.
For more information, view Poll Everywhere's guides on Installing Poll Everywhere for Mac, external link and Poll Everywhere for Windows PowerPoint, external link.
- For support, please contact us.