International Double Degree
As a master of engineering (MEng) student in civil engineering, you can gain international experience, learn a new language, and earn two master’s degrees simultaneously—one from Toronto Metropolitan University and another from Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (HKA) (external link, opens in new window) in Karlsruhe, Germany.
This program consists of a minimum of two semesters (eight months) at Toronto Metropolitan University and two semesters (12 months) at HKA. The program requires you to complete:
- Six courses at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Six modules at HKA
- German as a Foreign Language course at HKA
- Art of Communication in Engineering and Science course at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Completion of a jointly supervised master’s project
If you have questions about the international double degree, please contact the graduate program administrator.
FEAS Fellowship/Karlsruhe Scholarship for a Double Degree at HKA
If you choose to obtain a double degree, you may qualify for one of four fellowships from Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS).
Each fellowship is valued at roughly CAD$9,000 (€6,000), which can be used towards travel fares, tuition, and accommodation costs (not including taxes) while living in Germany.
As an applicant to the FEAS Fellowship for a Double Degree at HsKA, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a full-time master of engineering (MEng) in electrical and computer engineering or civil engineering at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Demonstrate overall success in your studies with a cumulative CGPA of 3.0 or higher and have clear academic standing
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person
- Be an Ontario resident
- Demonstrate academic excellence
To apply, you must submit an application letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, together with your unofficial transcript. You must submit this application to firstname.lastname@example.org. An awards selection committee will review the applications and make the final selection.
The FEAS Graduate Office will inform all applicants of the fellowship deadline via email.