COVID-19 Safety at Camp
We are excited that the Toronto Met Day Camps program will return to campus for another summer of in-person camps (aka "camps") in 2022.
A lot has changed since Summer 2021. What hasn't changed is our commitment to prioritize the safety of campers and staff in everything we do.
To that end, Toronto Met Day Camps' policies in Summer 2022 will mirror the university's Covid-19 policies. As of this writing, this includes:
- Masks: As of June 1, 2022, Toronto Metropolitan University has suspended its mask policy, meaning that masks are not required on campus. At Toronto Met Day Camps we will be a mask-friendly environment, where campers and staff feel supported in wearing a mask if that is how they feel most comfortable.
- Vaccination: As of May 1, 2022 the university's vaccination policy is suspended. This means that vaccination is highly encouraged, but is not a requirement for our campers and staff. Learn more about Toronto Public Health Vaccines for Children & Youth, external link.
- Daily Screening: As required by Toronto Public Health, all campers must complete daily screening for symptoms of Covid-19. Screening can be completed in one of three ways:
- Complete the COVID-19 School and Childcare screening, external link and show the completed screening tool during morning attendance.
- Sign PDF fileCovid-19 Screening Form, external link and show completed form during morning attendance.
- Complete a verbal screening with staff during every morning attendance.
As always, Covid remains an evolving situation and we will continue to monitor and meet or exceed the evolving public health requirements and recommendations.
To be the first to know about any updates to programming and policies, please join our mailing list, external link, opens in new window.