You are now in the main content area

Student Records

Student Records maintains the privacy, security and integrity of students' academic records.  

All students have one academic record at TMU*. It is the official record of:

  • all courses taken and grades earned at TMU (day school and through Continuing Education) and
  • credits granted (transfer, challenge, etc.)

Official Transcripts

Toronto Metropolitan University’s official transcripts are issued through MyCreds powered by Digitary, a leading digital credential expert and platform for certifying, sharing and verifying academic credentials in a secure digital format. These digital transcripts can be shared securely with educational institutions, employers, government authorities and other third parties. You can access official transcripts faster and share them worldwide, making for faster decision making for employers and educational institutions.

MyCreds is owned by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC). It is a national credential wallet for post-secondary learners that has been created by Canadian higher education leadership.

A TMU official transcript is a complete record of a student's academic history at Toronto Metropolitan University, including all undergraduate, graduate, law and continuing education courses taken, grades earned, academic progress, honours and graduation information. The official transcript also displays admission to and withdrawal from programs of study and other credits granted towards a program. Courses dropped by the deadline without academic penalty do not appear on the official transcript.

All official transcripts are complete and unabridged. Partial transcripts are not issued.

Students may request a Transcript online at via MyServiceHub. Select Request Official Transcript.

The cost per individual official transcript is $18 Canadian (subject to change) and is non-refundable. Accepted payment methods are Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards.

No transcript will be prepared and issued without the required fee payment.

e-Transcript orders are processed and transmitted from TMU to MyCreds daily. You will receive an email notification from MyCreds once your e-Transcripts are available for you to share. If your transcript includes academic history prior to September 1984, please add 1-2 additional business days for processing. Students are encouraged to submit Transcript Requests well in advance of any deadlines for which the transcript is required.

Documents pertaining to a student’s achievement at another institution, which may have been received by TMU, will not be released or redirected.

NOTE: Students who have an outstanding financial or other obligation to Toronto Metropolitan University (e.g., have equipment, cage cards, and/or library books overdue; wireless NetReady cards or ResNet equipment owed to Computing and Communications Services, etc.) are not eligible to receive transcripts until the status of these items is cleared to the satisfaction of the University.

Unofficial Transcripts

Students can view their Unofficial Transcript via MyServiceHub at (opens in new window)  in the ‘Academics’ section. This transcript provides the student with an unofficial record of their complete TMU academic history.

*Since September 1, 1984. Students who completed courses before 1984, please contact Student Records for assistance.

It is essential that students keep Toronto Met informed of any changes to their name, permanent home and/or mailing address, and phone number.

Legal Name Changes

If a student legally changes their name, or their name is incorrect or incomplete in Toronto Met's records, it is the student's responsibility to notify Toronto Met as soon as possible.

The legal name on the Toronto Met record is the name that will appear on all official university documents and documents produced for external purposes, including official transcripts, graduation award documents, letters, and verification requests. For details, see Senate Policy 172: Student Names.

To change their legal name in Toronto Met's records, students must submit the Personal Data Change Form, found online at the Student ID and Personal Information page (opens in new window) , to Student Records, along with supporting documentation in the form of:

  • Certificate of Birth,
  • Passport,
  • Certificate of Marriage or Divorce, or
  • Legal Name Change Certificate

Legal name changes cannot be submitted online through MyServiceHub.

Chosen/Preferred Name Changes

The chosen/preferred name is used on University internal documents and for internal purposes, such as:

  • Class Rosters
  • Grade Rosters
  • Identification Cards (OneCard)
  • Across internal university systems, where available (i.e. Learning Management System)

Students are responsible for confirming or modifying their chosen/preferred name on record with the University in MyServiceHub. Students are encouraged to make any changes before the academic term as class rosters/lists may not reflect changes made after the start of the term.

Requests to add or modify a chosen/preferred name must be submitted in good faith and the university reserves the right to request further information or documentation to facilitate the use of a chosen name.

For details, see Senate Policy 172: Student Names.

Address Update

Students are required to inform TMU of a change of address each time they move so that they can receive timely and important information that is mailed to them throughout the year. Students can confirm what address we have on file for them on MyServiceHub at (opens in new window)  .

Students can have up to two different addresses on file:

  1. Permanent Home address: This address could be out of the country or province, or anywhere in Ontario. All mail will be sent to the permanent home address if it is the only address on file.
  2. Mailing Address: This address is where the student lives during the school year. It should only be given when it differs from the permanent home address. Mail sent during the school year will be sent to the student's mailing address.

Students can change their address at any time. Detailed instructions are found on the  (opens in new window) MyServiceHub Support website (opens in new window) .

Phone Number Changes

It is important for students to keep TMU informed of their current phone number(s), so that they do not miss information which may be of an urgent nature. Students can update their phone number(s), through the MyServiceHub Student Centre. Detailed instructions are found on the MyServiceHub Support website (opens in new window) .

From time to time, students require an Official Confirmation Letter from TMU for an external organization.

Typical requests include:

  • Eligibility to Graduate Letter that verifies that a student has met all of their graduation requirements for their program, although they have not yet officially graduated.
  • Jury Duty Letter
  • Proof of Enrolment Letter that verifies that a student is or was previously enrolled in a program.
  • Qualification Evaluation Council of Ontario (QECO), needed in the evaluation of teacher qualifications
  • Transfer Credit Equivalency Letter that identifies courses from other institutions that were used to grant credit toward a TMU program or certificate.

Some types of letters require extensive research and verification of information. Processing time varies depending on the type of letter requested.

Students can use the "Request A Letter" service through MyServiceHub at (opens in new window) 

A graduation award document is an official university-issued document. As such, only one original award document may exist and it must reflect the student's true and correct personal legal/official name.

All reissued award documents will be produced using current university graphics, printing standards and signatures. Graduates from Ryerson University, Ryerson Polytechnic University, Ryerson Polytechnical Institute or Ryerson Institute of Technology will also have their graduation award document reissued under the name of Toronto Metropolitan University.

Details about the process for Graduation Award Document Reissue are available on the Curriculum Advising website (opens in new window) .

Types of Reissued Award Documents


A replacement award document is requested when the original award document (degree/diploma/certificate) is lost, damaged, destroyed or stolen. A replacement is also requested if the graduate has had a legal/official name change since the time they graduated.

To be eligible to receive a replacement document, graduates must submit their original award document. If the original award document is no longer in their possession, graduates must make a formal attestation to its loss or destruction.

If the request is due to a legal name change, graduates must first complete their name change through Student Records by submitting a Personal Data Change request along with proper documentation to substantiate the name change.


An amended document is requested to reflect a new degree designation of the program from which you graduated, if you meet eligibility criteria (for example, you graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Arts that has since changed to a Bachelor of Arts).

An amended document may be requested to reissue the award document under the name of Toronto Metropolitan University.

An amended award document is regarded as an original award document which will reflect the updated degree designation and/or institution name. An amended degree designation requires that eligibility requirements are met. It will indicate the original conferred date and the amended reissued date with the statement: "issued to replace original."

The Degree Verification Service confirms graduation status for TMU Alumni.

website: Toronto Metropolitan University Degree Verification Service (opens in new window) 

The Degree Verification Service is an online service which confirms whether or not a degree or diploma (undergraduate or graduate) and/or a certificate has been received from Toronto Metropolitan University (including those issued under any one of TMU’s previous institutional names). It will also specify the type of degree or certificate and the year in which it was received. The Degree Verification Service relies on information available in our Student Administration System. There are students whose degree information may not be available in electronic format. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, students who graduated prior to 1984.