You are now in the main content area
Timelines of Performance History I
This introductory course surveys the development of theatre and dance forms in Europe from the classical Greek theatre to the close of the 18th Century. Staging practices, theatre architecture, performance styles, economic models, theory and representative texts will be explored chronologically in order to provide an overview of the evolution of the western performance tradition.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Creative Industries Core Elective Table II
- Minor in Acting/Dance Studies
- Performance Acting/Dance/Production
- Performance Elective Table III
- THF 201 - Timelines of Performance History II