You are now in the main content area
Sociology of Gender
This course examines the historical and cross-cultural expressions of gender inequality, and its consequences for both men and women. Emphasis is also placed on issues related to gender inequality in contemporary Canada, including gendered divisions in the workplace and the family, the role of governments in equity issues, and the process of socialization. The course concludes with an examination of prospects for the future.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: UL
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Core Elective Table I
- Criminology and Sociology Core Elective Table II
- History and Sociology Double Major Core Elective Table II
- Minor in Family Supports and Community Practice
- Minor in Sociology
- Politics and Governance Sociology Double Major Core Elective Table II
- Sociology Core Elective Table II
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies