You are now in the main content area
Contemporary Sociological Theory
This course introduces students to important currents and contributions in contemporary sociological theory. We will engage with issues, questions and topics that are relevant to a multicultural society and a globalizing world. The history of postmodernity will be detailed and various theoretical approaches will be explored in relation to identity and subject formation, production and consumption, knowledge and information.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Criminology and Sociology Double Major
- History and Sociology Double Major
- Politics and Governance and Sociology Double Major
- SOC 490 - Capstone: Specializing Your Knowledge
- SOC 492 - Current Social Issue Focus
- SOC 493 - Creating Social Change
- SOC 494 - Career Integration
- SOC 800 - Theories of Society