You are now in the main content area
Intro to Quantitative Data Analysis
This course develops an understanding of quantitative data in social research. No familiarity with statistics is assumed. Students will gain the skills and procedures needed to explore social issues using statistics, as well as read, understand and critically evaluate published quantitative research. Students will learn statistical software designed for social science. Emphasis will be on practical applications of techniques and on interpretation of results rather than their mathematical derivations.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1 hr. Lecture: 2 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- ACS 401 - Introduction to Research and Statistics
- Criminology and Sociology Double Major
- EUS 402 - Research and Statistics
- History and Sociology Double Major
- POG 230 - Statistics and Social Science
- POG 350 - Truth and Beauty: Data Visualization
- POG 353 - Did it Work? Politics Experiments
- PPA 333 - Research Methods in Public Administration
- Politics and Governance and Sociology Double Major
- SOC 481 - Survey Design and Analysis
- SOC 482 - Advanced Approaches to Media Analysis