You are now in the main content area
Canada in the Continent
"Living next to you," Pierre Trudeau once told an American audience, "is like sleeping with an elephant; no matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, one is affected by every twitch and grunt." This course evaluates: the cultural, political, economic and ideological twitches and grunts in the Canada-US relationship; what it means to sleep with an elephant; being Canadian in the presence of so large a continental "partner;" and the emerging role of Mexico.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: UL
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Criminology and Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- History Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- Minor in Politics
- Politics and Governance
- Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- Politics and Governance Sociology Double Major Core Elective Table II
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies