You are now in the main content area
Sports and Politics
How does sport reflect major social, economic, and political changes? How have scholars used sporting events as well as athlete performance data to test and advance theories from the social sciences? In this course we will look at both of these questions by examining society and politics through the lens of sports, on the one hand, and using sports data to test theories from political science, psychology and economics, on the other.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: UL
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Criminology and Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- History Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- Minor in Politics
- Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- Politics and Governance Sociology Double Major Core Elective Table II
- Sport Media
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies