You are now in the main content area
Politics of Technology and Globalization
This course examines the role of technology within a global context. What will it mean to be part of a global audience, work in a global factory, shop in a global supermarket, be governed by a world government? Can technology help to solve problems of environmental depletion and pollution? What role does technology play in escalating militarism around the world? Can technology reduce the gap between the rich and the poor within nations and between nations?
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: UL
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Core Elective Table I
- Criminology and Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- History Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- Minor in Global Politics and Development
- Minor in Politics
- Politics and Governance
- Politics and Governance Core Elective Table II
- Politics and Governance Sociology Double Major Core Elective Table II
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies