You are now in the main content area
Introduction to Medical Physics
Applications of physics in medicine. This survey course will address basic concepts of medical imaging, nuclear medicine and radiation isotopes, radiation therapy, gamma spectroscopy and trace element analysis, and biomedical laser applications.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs. Tutorial: 1 hr.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- BLG 601 - Physiology
- BLG 701 - Anatomy
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Biomedical Sciences Core Elective Table I
- Chemistry Core Elective Table II
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table II
- Medical Physics
- PCS 354 - Radiation Biology
- PCS 405 - Medical Imaging
- PCS 406 - Radiation Protection/Health Physics
- PCS 407 - Radiation Therapy