You are now in the main content area
Introduction to Game Design
This course offers an introduction to the core elements of game design -- game world, character, interactivity, navigation and the mechanics of gameplay. It provides students with the opportunity to develop creative ideas for personal game projects. Using an iterative design process that involves visual and audience research, paper and digital prototyping, and user testing, students will complete a game design document suitable for further development in production courses, or independently.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Creative Industries Core Elective Table II
- Media Production
- Media Production Core Elective Table I
- Minor in Global Narratives
- New Media
- New Media Core Elective Table I
- RTA 828 - Special Topics in Game Design
- RTA 997 - Intermediate Game Design: Mechanics
- RTA Elective Table II
- Sport Media Core Elective Table I