You are now in the main content area
An overview of manufacturing processes and methods with emphasis on understanding of the physical fundamentals of processes. The course will cover material removal processes, metal-casting processes forming and shaping processes and shaping processes for plastics. Students will also be introduced to areas of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD and T), engineering metrology including coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and the principles of reverse engineering.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 2 hrs. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- IND 400 - Facilities Design
- IND 810 - Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Industrial Engineering
- MEC 411 - Mechanics of Machines
- MEC 431 - Advanced Manufacturing
- MEC 734 - Design for Manufacturing
- MEC 751 - Measurements, Sensors and Instruments
- MEC 809 - Integrated Manufacturing
- MEC 813 - Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- MEC 816 - Topics in Manufacturing Engineering
- MTE 711 - Fundamentals of Microelectromechanical Systems
- MTE 751 - Measurements, Sensors and Instruments
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering