You are now in the main content area
Numerical Analysis I
Errors and floating point arithmetic. Solutions of non-linear equations including fixed point iteration. Matrix computations and solutions of systems of linear equations. Interpolation. Finite difference methods. Least squares fit. Cubic spline interpolation. Numerical integration. Numerical solution of ordinary differential equations. Taylor series method. Euler method.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1 hr. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Biology Core Elective Table III
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Elective Table III
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Computer Science Core Elective Table I
- Financial Mathematics
- MTH 510 - Numerical Analysis
- MTH 600 - Computational Methods in Mathematics
- MTH 601 - Numerical Analysis II
- Mathematics and its Applications
- Minor in Mathematics
- PCS 350 - Computational Methods in Medical Physics
- PCS 521 - Mathematical Physics