You are now in the main content area
Employment and Labour Law
This course is designed to acquaint the student with a general understanding of labour and employment law, particularly in Ontario. The role of common law and Ontario statutes affecting workers is examined. Legislation and case law concerning hiring employment contracts, employment standards, human rights, privacy, health and safety and wrongful dismissal is reviewed. The latter part of the course introduces the collective bargaining relationship with particular concentration on the Labour Relations Act. Relevant statutes and selected cases are examined.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Business Management - Human Resources Management Major
- Business Management - Law and Business Major
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- LAW 606 - Advanced Issues in Labour and Employment Law
- Minor in Accounting
- Minor in Human Resources Management
- Minor in Labour and Employment Relations
- Minor in Law
- Professionally-Related Table II- Performance Production