You are now in the main content area
Making a Difference: How Journ. Matters
Core journalistic concepts introduced in Semester 1 are revisited, but at a deeper, more nuanced level; media law and ethics concepts are also expanded on and reinforced. Journalism's obligation to, and role in, representing the diverse society it serves will be explored. Lectures will include guest appearances by leading journalism practitioners and other relevant professionals. Tutorials will focus on case studies and on understanding, describing and critiquing journalism.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 2 hrs. Tutorial: 1 hr.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- JRN 825 - Magazine Masthead I - Review of Journalism
- JRN 826 - Magazine Masthead II- Review of Journalism
- JRN 840 - Journalism Capstone Project
- JRN 842 - Building the Brand
- JRN 850 - Internship
- JRN 851 - Newsroom masthead - On The Record
- Minor in News Studies
- NNS 344 - Making a Difference: How Journalism Matters