You are now in the main content area
Financial Management for Hosp/Tourism
The course introduces the students to the key concepts of Financial Management. It concentrates on the "Financing Side" of the Balance Sheet and reviews and evaluates alternative capital structures, including financial statement analysis and capital budgeting techniques. After reviewing and discussing the methods for measuring rates of return on investment and the cost of capital, students will be introduced to specific financial techniques relating to leases, business valuations, feasibility studies and franchising.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- FIN 300 - Managerial Finance I
- FIN 401 - Managerial Finance II
- FIN 502 - Personal Financial Planning
- FIN 512 - Risk Management and Insurance
- HTA 708 - Revenue Management for Hosp/Tourism
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Minor in Finance
- Minor in Real Estate Management
- REM 400 - Real Estate Finance