You are now in the main content area
Francophone Language and Culture
This course is for students who wish to further their knowledge of cultural studies, as well as literary and linguistic analysis. While gaining an appreciation of the language and culture of the Francophone regions outside Europe, students examine texts of all types. Essay-writing skills and organization form an integral part of the course. Special attention is given to language registers both written and oral as well as sociolinguistic issues in the Francophone world.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: LL/UL
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Core Elective Table I
- FRS 606 - Franco. Lit. Middle East, N. Africa
- Language and Intercultural Relations
- Language and Intercultural Relations Core Elective Table II
- Language and Intercultural Relations Core Elective Table V
- Minor in Black Studies
- Minor in French
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies