You are now in the main content area
Speaking and Writing French I
Designed for students with good oral skills in French who wish to review major grammatical structures, develop vocabulary, and improve their writing. Course emphasizes differences/parallels between written and oral French, and development of variety in writing style. Writing assignments based on essays, literary works, press articles, etc., chosen to illustrate styles and levels of contemporary written French. A literary work will form the basis for class discussions and written work.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: LL/UL
FRE 401 or placement test score of 401 required (www.torontomu.ca/llc)
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Core Elective Table I
- FRE 504 - French Audiovisual Translation
- FRE 601 - Speaking and Writing French II
- Language and Intercultural Relations Core Elective Table II
- Minor in French
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies