You are now in the main content area
Principles of Finance I
This course develops the concepts that financial foundation for all upper level AFF finance courses. Students are first introduced to the concept of the time value of money, discounted cash flows and risk and return. Students are given a thorough introduction to the mathematics of asset valuation, capital budgeting, and risk management, working capital management and performance assessment. The course makes extensive use of computer spreadsheet software as a pedagogical technique.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Available only to School of Accounting and Finance students.
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- AFF 310 - Principles of Finance II
- AFF 420 - Principles of Finance III
- AFF 502 - Personal Financial Planning
- AFF 512 - Risk Management and Insurance
- AFF 514 - Financial Modeling I
- AFF 604 - Ethics in Finance
- Accounting and Finance
- ECN 320 - Introduction to Financial Economics
- ECN 721 - International Financial Markets
- FIN 300 - Managerial Finance I
- FIN 401 - Managerial Finance II
- FIN 502 - Personal Financial Planning
- FIN 512 - Risk Management and Insurance
- Minor in Real Estate Management
- REM 400 - Real Estate Finance