You are now in the main content area
Electric Machines and Actuators
The single-phase transformer and its applications. DC and AC motor characteristics, and their application in mechanical drives. Power electronic circuits, H bridges, PWM control, interfacing, power amplifiers. DC servo and stepper motors, AC synchronous and induction motors. Transformers. Introduction to typical speed and torque control techniques of motors.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 2 hrs. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- AER 509 - Control Systems
- Aerospace Engineering
- ELE 801 - Electric Vehicles
- MEC 733 - Microprocessor Systems
- MEC 751 - Measurements, Sensors and Instruments
- MTE 502 - Microprocessor Systems
- MTE 604 - Electromech System Modelling and Design
- MTE 711 - Fundamentals of Microelectromechanical Systems
- MTE 751 - Measurements, Sensors and Instruments
- MTE 801 - Hardware in the Loop and RCP
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering