You are now in the main content area
Introduction to analysis, management, and visualization of cellular information at the molecular level. The course includes an overview of mathematical modeling and simulation, pattern matching, methods for phylogenetics, gene recognition, distributed and parallel biological computing, designing and managing biological databases (both relational and object-oriented), linking disparate databases and data, data mining, reasoning by analogy, hypothesis formation and testing by machine.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- BME 501 - Bioinformatics
- Biology Core Elective Table II
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Elective Table II
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table V
- Biomedical Sciences Core Elective Table I
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Computer Science Core Elective Table I
- Mathematics Core Elective Table II
- Medical Physics Core Elective Table I
- Minor in Computer Science