You are now in the main content area
Introduction to Software Engineering
This course introduces the study of Object-Oriented software engineering. Topics include software project management, requirements gathering, requirements analysis, modeling, design, implementation and testing. UML diagrams and design patterns are also discussed. A major portion of the course is a team project, taking a system from the initial requirements to the final implementation. (2 hr Lab every other week).
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1 hr. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
CPS 311 or CPS 209
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- CPS 707 - Software Verification and Validation
- CPS 714 - Software Project Management
- CPS 731 - Software Engineering I
- CPS 775 - Mobile Applications in Engineering
- CPS 845 - Extreme Programming and Agile Processes
- CPS 865 - Model-Driven Software Engineering
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Computer Science
- Mathematics Core Elective Table II
- Minor in Computer Science