You are now in the main content area
Communication and Social Media
Social media provide new opportunities for organizations to build relationships and engage audiences as co-creators through strategic use of relevant platforms to achieve persuasive and participatory communication goals. Students will study communication theory, promotional genres, and social media to understand the principles, benefits and ethics of these interactive, mobile, and immediate communication forms. This course integrates theory and practice; students will demonstrate their understanding of course content through their engagement with social media.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1 hr. Lecture: 2 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Computer Science Core Elective Table I
- Creative Industries Core Elective Table II
- Fashion Professionally-Related Table III
- Minor in Events and Live Entertainment
- Minor in Professional Communication
- Minor in Public Relations
- Minor in Sales Management and Service Quality
- Occupational and Public Health Professionally-Related Table I
- Professional Communication Core Elective Table I
- Professionally-Related Table II- Performance Production