You are now in the main content area
Organic Chemistry I
This is an introductory course based on the mechanistic approach to the study of organic reactions, and includes functionality, IUPAC nomenclature, structural and steroisomerism, oxidation and reduction, nucleophilic additions, nucleophilic substitutions, eliminations, electrophilic additions of aliphatic compounds. The laboratory introduces techniques such as melting point, recrystallization, extraction, and distillation. Also included is the synthesis, isolation and purification of organic compounds.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 3 hrs. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- BLG 605 - Science and Government Policy Development
- BLG 606 - Intro to Clinical Research and Trials
- BLG 607 - Intellectual Property in Science
- Biomedical Sciences
- CHY 152 - Introductory Organic Chemistry
- CHY 200 - Organic Chemistry
- CHY 224 - Organic Chemistry
- CHY 242 - Organic Chemistry II
- CHY 423 - Environmental Science
- CHY 436 - Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Environment and Urban Sustainability Core Elective Table II
- Medical Physics Core Elective Table I
- Minor in Chemistry