You are now in the main content area
General Chemistry I
This foundation course begins with an introduction to types of chemical compounds, chemical reactions and stoichiometry. Subsequent topics include the investigation of the states of matter (primarily liquids and gases), solutions and colligative properties, chemical equilibrium, acids and bases, and thermochemistry. This course acts as the first half of a full year general chemistry sequence and is a precursor to CHY 113 General Chemistry II.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Biomedical Sciences
- CHY 102 - General Chemistry
- CHY 104 - General Chemistry
- CHY 113 - General Chemistry II
- CHY 123 - General Chemistry
- CHY 182 - Chemistry Applications to Living Systems
- CHY 183 - Introduction to Forensic Sciences
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Core Elective Table I
- Financial Mathematics
- Mathematics and its Applications
- Medical Physics
- Minor in Chemistry
- Undeclared Science (First Year Studies Only)