You are now in the main content area
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Chemical kinetics; differential and integral rate laws; rate equations for elementary, complex and multiple reactions; kinetics in batch and flow systems; determination of reaction kinetics from experimental data; reaction mechanisms and ideal reactors; design for single reactions, continuous stirred tank and tubular reactors; reactor networks; design for multiple reactions, non-isothermal reactors, and catalytic reactors; diffusion and heterogeneous catalytic reactions; residence time distribution for chemical reactors; non-ideal reactors.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs. Tutorial: 2 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- CHE 319 - Process Modeling and Simulation
- CHE 422 - Biochemical Engineering
- CHE 430 - Process Control
- CHE 451 - Plastics Technology
- CHE 473 - Sustainable Energy Technologies
- CHE 474 - Nanotechnology and Its Applications
- CHE 616 - Water and Wastewater Treatment
- CHE 618 - Solid Waste Treatment
- Chemical Engineering Co-Operative Program