You are now in the main content area
The New Business: From Idea to Reality
This course is the first in a series of three tracing the evolution of an existing Canadian-based public company from inception to current state. This course focuses on the steps necessary for the idea of a visionary to be transformed into a viable business. Topics include idea generation, understanding the market and customer needs, analyzing the competition, the transition from an informal to a formal organizational structure, financing the business, developing realistic budgets and operating within the political, economic, legal and socio-cultural constraints of the external environment. This course is not available to programs within the Ted Rogers School of Management.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Not available to Ted Rogers School of Management students.
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Core Elective Table I
- BSM 200 - The Growing Business: Breaking Even
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Creative Industries
- ENT 630 - Leveraging the Crowd
- ENT 710 - Making a Prototype
- Fashion Professionally-Related Table III
- Minor in Business Essentials
- Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Sport Media