Black Excellence Mixer
- January 27, 2022
- 1:00 PM EST - 2:00 PM EST
- Open To
- Black students, faculty and staff
- Black Excellence Committee at email@example.com
The pandemic has led to prolonged social distance, contributing to feelings of isolation and disconnectedness. How can Black folk come together to co-create a community of belonging during this time?
The Black Excellence Mixer is an annual event that creates space for Black students, faculty and staff to form connections, celebrate successes and build community. On Thursday, January 27, 2022, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., this virtual event will offer:
- affirming space for participants to share stories and learn from one another
- opportunity for networking, mentorship and career development
- invitation to forge meaningful multi-generational relationships across university roles
- celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of Black individuals
The Black Excellence Committee is actively committed to nurturing belonging and Black flourishing.
Join us at the third annual Black Excellence Mixer as we rejoice in the power of and within Black community at the university.
Live captioning will be provided
The university is committed to the accessibility and inclusion of persons with disabilities. If you require any additional accessibility accommodations to ensure your full participation, please let us know on the registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email the Black Excellence Committee at email@example.com.
This event is hosted by the Black Excellence Committee
The Black Excellence Committee is a collaboration between the Office of the Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion; Office of the Vice-Provost, Students (Tri-Mentoring Program and Student Life Programs); Office of the Vice-Provost, Academic (Experiential Learning); and the Office of the Vice-President, University Advancement and Alumni Relations.