Fall 2022 Deadline:
Monday October 3, 2022
For students enrolled only in the Fall 2022 semester; or
For students who are applying for a Fall 2022 semester course-specific service (e.g., tutoring)
Winter 2023 Deadline:
Thursday Februrary 23, 2023
For students enrolled only in the Winter 2023 semester
For students enrolled for both Fall/Winter semesters
For students applying for services, equipment, technology, and/or counselling
Psycho-Educational Assessment Application Deadline:
In order to be considered for additional disability-related bursaries/grants based on the results of an assessment within the 2022/2023 academic year, students must submit their BSWD application by:
Tuesday December 20, 2022
Talk to your Student Accommodation Facilitator for more information.
The Application Process
- Bursaries for students with disabilities require that you be OSAP eligible.
- You must submit an OSAP application form and a Disability Verification Form (DVF) to Student Financial Assistance.
- Indicate if you have a permanent disability on all OSAP forms.
Already have proof of OSAP eligibility? Begin at Step 2.
- Bursaries for students with disabilities (BSWD) support specific equipment and services related to your education.
- Contact your Student Accommodation Facilitator to discuss your eligibility for specific items and services.
- Complete the TMU BSWD Application Form by the deadline.
- Some items and services require that you submit supplemental forms with your application. Your Student Accommodation Facilitator will identify which supplemental forms you must submit.
- Once submitted, AAS reviews your application for completion and accuracy.
- Your Student Accomodation Facilitator will contact you if the submission needs to be revised.
- AAS submits the completed application on your behalf to the university's Student Financial Assistance Office.
- Their office will process your application and contact you with next steps, including whether or not the application was approved, the amount you will receive, and how to access the funds.
If your bursary application is approved by Student Financial Assistance…
Do not deposit or use the funds if your academic status and/or course enrollment has changed, or if your requirements have changed since you submitted your application. Contact your Student Financial Assistance Advisor to determine next steps.
- Equipment/software receipts must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the bursary.
- Services receipts must be submitted no later than 30 days after the study period, with appropriate supplemental documentation.
- Bursary funds can only be used during the study period for which the application was approved.
- If recommended equipment and/or assessments were purchased before the study period, or during the study period but prior to funding approval, receipts must be submitted with the application.
- Receipts for services or equipment made after the study period for which the application was approved will not be accepted.
- The deadline date to submit receipts is the end of the study period.
For specific dates related to your application, see the Student Financial Assistance communication sent to your university email.
- Use these funds only for items and/or services approved on your BSWD application, as indicated in by Student Financial Assistance in the approval email.
- If you choose to spend over the allotted amount indicated for each item, it is your financial responsibility.
- Funds cannot be used for any other purchases, tuition, or for living expenses.
- Unused BSWD funds must be returned after all purchases are made and services provided.
- BSWD funds are provided on a term-by-term basis and must be used within that period. Any unused funds must be returned in order to access BSWD funds in a future semester.
- Receipts must be paid in full and include:
- Date of payment and services provided
- Method of payment (e.g., visa, debit etc.)
- Itemized purchases or services, if applicable
- If recommended equipment and/or assessments were purchased before the study period, or during the study period but prior to funding approval, receipts must be submitted with the application
- Receipts for services such as tutoring/note takers/counsellors/coaches must be original copies
- Invoices and/or order forms are not acceptable
- Equipment/software receipts must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the bursary
- Services receipts must be submitted no later than 30 days after the study period, with appropriate supplemental documentation
- To submit receipts: email the receipts as an attachment to the Adviser noted on Student Financial Assistance communications about this bursary
Alternatively, you may drop off the receipts at the Service Hub in an envelope clearly marked: BSWD - ATTENTION: [Name of Student Financial Aid Advisor]
Students can return their unused funds to their MyServiceHub (formerly RAMSS) account, similar to the way they pay student fees. To make payments via online banking:
- Indicate Payee: “Ryerson University”
- Account Number: your student number
Email your Student Financial Assistance Advisor immediately after you make the payment, so there is a record of the transaction and it can be processed correctly.
Failure to notify Student Financial Assistance may result in your returned BSWD funds to be accidentally applied to outstanding tuition charges on your MyServiceHub account. In your email, include:
- The date of payment
- The amount